Rotokauri Early Education Centre is opening on 21 January 2019! For further information or to enrol, please fill out an enrolment enquiry.
Rotokauri will deliver high quality education and childcare in Burbush, Hamilton. A brand-new modern purpose-built centre with five individual rooms to offer learning at each developmental level.
Separate Learning Areas (approx ages)
- 3 months - 18 months
- 18 months - 3 years
- 3 years - 5 years
- Enrolments from birth. Starting from 3months.
- Qualified staff who are passionate about caring and learning.
- Individualised programmes for babies own routines.
- Safe, stimulating environment.
- Modern, spacious purpose-built centre.
- Well resourced and huge grassed outdoor play areas.
- 'Produce' gardening.
- Healthy nutritious meals provided.
- Private online learning portfolios for parents (sharing photos, videos and stories about your child).
- An exclusive early childhood partnership with the Enviroschools Programme (eg. recycling, composting, gardening).
- In Partnership with Sports Waikato Under5 Energize to eat healthy, be active & have fun!
- Actively involved in the Enviroschools programme.
- Learning is based on the NZ Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whāriki.
- Value family/whānau and centre partnership“A spacious, stimulating indoor/outdoor environment. There is an abundance of space to explore.”
Our qualified staff carefully plan programmes that fulfil the early childhood curriculum. We aim to ensure children are competent, confident and successful learners. Children will learn and develop:
- A strong foundation in reading, writing and maths
- Art, creativity, music and dance skills
- An understanding of sustainability and their environment
- The importance of New Zealand's heritage
- Social skills, behaviour management and manners
- Self confidence
- Learning skills such as independence, creativity and curiosity
- Friendships that may last throughout their schooling
- Relationships with consistent, familiar teachers
- To understand and operate within a structured routine
Teachers provide learning extensions that prepare you child for school which include numeracy & numbers, literacy & language, nature & science, computers & technology, puzzles & games, creative arts, sand & water play, trips, transition to school programme, child friendships… and more!
Children work together at mat time to share daily information, stories, songs, movement, drama & waiata, etc.