Early Education Waikato now offers comprehensive Homebased Education throughout the Waikato.
Why choose Early Education Waikato Homebased Education?
- 20 FREE hours available from 3 years old
- Individualised care, only 4 children per Educator
- Kindergarten Pickups
- Cool 4 School Transition Programme
- Personalised 'My Journal' booklet which will give you a daily diary and key information about your child's progress
- Flexible full-time, part-time or shift work hours
- FREE association hat (over 18 hours p/w)
- Qualified visiting teacher visits for each child
We have Homebased Educators in Hamilton, Cambridge and Ngaruawahia. Check out their profiles here
What age should I enrol my child?
To secure your space we encourage enrolments from birth. We can then give you an approximate start date based on Educator vacancies.
How much will it cost?
We offer 20 Free ECE Hours - which means we are part of the government scheme which allows all children over three years old to have 20 free hours at Early Education Waikato Homebased Education.
A 10% discount applies with enrolment of a second child who attends Homebased care.
Please call us 0800 CHILDREN (244 537) for a complete fee structure.
Choosing an Educator?
- Many Educators bring significant experience, skills, interests and expertise. They are individually police vetted, referee checked and hold a First Aid Certificate.
- We recommend you visit a few Educators to see who fits best for your childrens needs and interests. This will be arranged for you with our Visiting Teachers.
- Each of our Educators have their own profile on our website. Visit and check out all our Educators here.
What will my child need to bring?
- Spare set of clothes
- Packed lunch, snacks and drinks
- Sunhat (supplied free)
- Nappies if required
- Bottle/s of milk or formula if required
How do I enrol my child?
What happens on a day-to-day basis?
The children will be excited to see their Educator every day, with all sorts of fun and educational activities awaiting them.
Community Opportunities: Educators provide regular opportunities for children to explore the world through PlayGroup, Gym, Mainly Music, Parks and local events.
Homebased Education: Educators create wonderful plans and ideas to educate and create with your child in a real world setting, with nature & science, puzzles & games, creative arts, sand & water play, trips, transition to school programme, child friendships and more!
'My Journal' describes each day: Your child will receive their own personalised journal that the Educator will fill in every day with stories, activities and achievements.
What do children learn?
Our Educators carefully plan day-to-day activities and learning experiences that fulfil the early childhood curriculum. They aim to ensure children are competent, confident and successful learners. Children will learn and develop:
- Reading, writing, maths, art, music and dance skills
- Social skills, behaviour management and manners
- Self confidence
- Learning skills such as independence, creativity and curiosity
- Relationships with consistent, familiar Educators
Can I become an Educator?
We would love to have you become an educator.
Visit our vacancies page to see more on what we can offer you as part of the Early Education Waikato Homebased team.